There was an error in this gadget

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Role of Cat (Script #84)



Cat: I’ve given your offer some thought and I’ve decided to go to the party with you on one condition.

Reader: Condition?

Cat: Yes, on the condition that you and our other friends don’t attempt to set me up.

Reader: What do you mean?

Cat: Oh, please! Sometimes I feel like the only reason all my married friends want to hang out with me at all is to play “matchmaker”!

Reader: That is so not true! I’m not even married!

Cat: Might as well be! And you have to admit, if you aren’t pulling some kind of blind-date stunt then you’re practically having the DJ announce that your “single friend Cat is in the house and looking for love”! It’s humiliating.

Reader: Well, we just want you to be happy, that’s all.

Cat: I am happy! Happily single and happy to have such an amazing group of friends who care about me even though they think they know what’s best for me. I love my life and the fact that I can focus fully on my career.

Reader: Well I’m certainly sorry if I’ve ever made you feel pressured and I’ll tell the gang to back off, on one condition.

Cat: You can’t be serious...

Reader: Look, he’s a friend of a friend....really nice guy

No comments:

Post a Comment